Due to sheer demand, The Cheshire Lines are looking for someone to help oversee their busy pubs kitchen by managing other members of the food preparation team, deciding what dishes to serve and adjusting orders to meet guests’ requests.
You may assist in prep work, such as chopping vegetables, but more often will be involved in cooking specialty dishes. You will choose ingredients and designs a menu based on the seasonal availability of food items. Creating unique dishes that inspire guests to come back again and again to see what is new in the restaurant is crucial.
If you think you have what it takes please send a copy of your cv along with cover letter
Skills and Experiences
- The right candidate will be able to make sure all food safety best practices are adhered too and ensure that all kitchen staff members do the same.
- Act with appropriate caution in a fast paced environment where there are knives and high-temperature surfaces.
- Selects choice ingredients that will give dishes the best flavour and to come up with new specials that will draw diners into the pub.
- Coaches other members of the kitchen staff, so they perform at their best.
- Determines how much food to order and maintains an appropriate supply at the pub.
- Keeps up with trends in cooking and the restaurant business to ensure that guests have a positive experience.
- Works quickly and accurately during busy periods, such as weekends and evenings.
- Takes direction, adhere to spend targets and work well within the close knit team.